Over the years, I've started to build up my lab at home. I occasionally host YKMakers or private individuals - supervised, of course. It's a place for me to learn and tinker, and share that knowledge with others. The lab, circa 2015.
The major components of the lab are:
- Makergear M2 3D printer
- Proxxon PD 230/e lathe and PF 230 mill combo
- Vacuum chamber (custom)
- Propane kiln/forge (for aluminum)
- Siglent SDS1052DL oscilliscope
- Weller WESD51 soldering station
- A bunch of Mean Well DC power supplies
- Various hand and power tools
- Basic chemistry equipment (hotplates, beakers, flasks, etc.)
- Measurement equipment (multimeters, scales, calipers, thermometers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Safety equipment (fire extinguishers, gas detectors, spill clean up, personal protective equipment, etc.)
- Voltera V-One PCB prototyping machine
- Induction furnace (for aluminum)
Safety Data Sheets for the chemicals.